I am a professor in linguistics at İstanbul Bilgi University, Department of English Language and Literature.
I study child language acquisition with a focus on children’s morpho-syntactic development.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent publications & presentations
- Ketrez, F. Nihan (2022). Terms of address in pet-, infant- and child-directed speech in Turkish. Paper presented at the 6th International Conference of Applied Linguistics. “Languages and People: Problems and Solutions” Vilnius University, Lithuania.
- Ketrez, F. Nihan (2022). Consonant articulation and vocabulary size: Twins vs. singletons. Journal of Child Language 49(6): 1242-1255. DOI 10.1017/S0305000921000611.
- Ketrez, F. Nihan & Ayhan Aksu-Koç (2021). Noun and verb derivations in early Turkish child and child-directed speech (Chapter 11). In Mattes, Veronika, Sabine Sommer-Lolei, Katharina Korecky-Kröll & Wolfgang U. Dressler (eds.) The Acquisition of Derivational Morphology: A Cross-linguistic perspective. Language Acquisition and Language Disorders 66. 263-287. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Öztürk, Sümeyra, Ebru Pınar, F. Nihan Ketrez, Şeyda Özçalışkan (2021). Effect of sex and dyad composition on speech and gesture development of singleton and twin children. Journal of Child Language 48(5): 1048-1066. DOI 10.1017/S0305000920000744.
- Pınar, Ebru, Sümeyra Öztürk, F. Nihan Ketrez, Şeyda Özçalışkan (2021). Parental speech and gesture input to girls vs. boys in singletons and twins. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior 45: 297-318. DOI 10.1007/s10919-020-00356-w.