I am a professor in linguistics at İstanbul Bilgi University, Department of English Language and Literature.
I study child language acquisition with a focus on children’s morpho-syntactic development.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ketrez, F. Nihan (2021). Consonant articulation and vocabulary size: Twins vs. singletons. Journal of Child Language. DOI 10.1017/S0305000921000611.
- Ketrez, F. Nihan & Ayhan Aksu-Koç (2021). Noun and verb derivations in early Turkish child and child-directed speech (Chapter 11). In Mattes, Veronika, Sabine Sommer-Lolei, Katharina Korecky-Kröll & Wolfgang U. Dressler (eds.) The Acquisition of Derivational Morphology: A Cross-linguistic perspective. Language Acquisition and Language Disorders 66. 263-287. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Öztürk, Sümeyra, Pınar, Ebru, Ketrez, F. Nihan, Özçalışkan, Şeyda (2021). Effect of sex and dyad composition on speech and gesture development of singleton and twin children. Journal of Child Language. DOI 10.1017/S0305000920000744
- Pınar, Ebru, Sümeyra Öztürk, F. Nihan, Ketrez, Şeyda Özçalışkan (2021). Parental speech and gesture input to girls vs. boys in singletons and twins. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior. DOI 10.1007/s10919-020-00356-w.
- Renans, Agata, Yağmur Sağ, F. Nihan Ketrez, Lyn Tieu, Raffaella Folli, George Tsoulas, Hanna de Vries, Jacopo Romoli. (2020). Plurality and cross-linguistic variation: An experimental investigation of the Turkish plural. Natural Language Semantics 28(4). 307-342. DOI: 10.1007/s11050-020-09165-9.
- Ketrez, F. Nihan (2020). Word formation through derivation vs. compounding: Perspectives from child language acquisition of Turkish. In Gürer, A., D. Uygun-Gökmen, B. Öztürk (eds). Morphological complexity within and across boundaries: In honor of Aslı Göksel. Studies in Language Companion Series 215. 40-60. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.